The first thing you notice when you walk into Frock is COLOR. From the Tiffany blue walls to the racks of rainbow-hued clothing, this is one vibrant place. Frock has also got to be one of the funnest places to shop for handmade clothes in this town.
Co-owners Angie Coffin and Ali Wykhuis have an amazing sense of fun in fashion. On a typical visit to the shop, you might find a demure little Audrey Hepburn peacoat, and a wild candy-striped Mrs.
Here's yet more evidence of Portland's crafty magnificence.
A big group of PDX Etsy sellers have designated this weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday, Aug 25 and 26) as their BOGO Sale. That's BOGO as in "Buy One, Get One" . . . Free!
If you head over here, you can find links to all the participating Etsy stores, and begin to take advantage of the Crafty Goodness. As of Friday, some vendors already have details on their BOGO offers posted, so you can stake out your shopping territory early.
. . . And I should add, I got just magnificently distracted trying to pick out a few images for this post. So many distractingly pretty things!
What a great way to fill the time before Sunday's Church of Craft meeting. :-)
Here's what's up for grabs this week -- a pack of crafty goodness:
- An adorable felt monkey, from Gifts Define. He has a string and a bell for hanging on your rear-view mirror, or in a kids' room, or for taunting your cat.
- A cool little parrot magnet from Head Full of Pixies. Suitable for holding up your most important refrigerator love-notes.
- A layered polymer clay pendant, from Emerald Earth. Beautiful workmanship -- a textured background, topped with an intricate cane-slice. Ooh!
- A spiral notepad, from Cute as a Button. The cover is made from one of those torrid romance novels -- you get the picture on the front, and the delightfully salacious back-cover text on the back.
One lucky subscriber will win . . . .
This week, we're giving away a copy of Crafty Chica's Art de la Soul: Glittery Ideas to Liven Up Your Life, by Kathy Cano Murillo. It's a book of projects, stories, and advice on living a crafty life.
. . . So I hope you win! We'll find out next week.
UPDATE: Congrats to winner Karen Hohndel!
Happy 4th, everyone! Here's this week's prize pack:
- A set of adorable "Hello" and "I Love You" cards from Papered Together. There's even a set of little "Lunchtime Hello" cards that you can tuck into the lunchbox of someone you love.
One lucky winner will win all these goodies. Hope it's you!
UPDATE: And the winner is . . . Linda Dodson!
. . . Seriously, how can you not love jewelry that comes packaged in a sushi container?
This cuter-than-cute bracelet is up for grabs this week. It's made by the Amy Secrest of Amyville.com fame. And she is a wizard with the tiny polymer clay sushi. Check out this close-up:
If you're the lucky winning subscriber, you'll be wearing this everywhere all summer. We'll announce the winner here next week!
UPDATE: Congratulations to Renee Hyatt, our lucky winner!
Here's this week's giveaway, and as it turns out, the theme is Circles and Threes:
- We have a set of three cute cards by Sugar Lily Designs. I love those kiwi slices!
- And we have three adorable button hairpins, by Two Busy Bees.
- Plus, three charming bottle-cap magnets by Manic Trout. In case the photo doesn't show them, there's a pear, a cricket, and a clothesline, complete with clothespins.
All this crafty bounty will go to one lucky subscriber, early next week. Good Luck!
UPDATE: Our lucky winner is . . . Liz Adams!
. . . It's the book so nice, we're giving it away twice. Seriously, Tina Barseghian's new book on hobbies is great fun, and highly inspiring. With profiles of 101 different hobbies, you're sure to find a new obsession or two.
We have another copy for one lucky subscriber, so . . . fingers crossed!
UPDATE: And the winner is . . . Maria Raleigh! Congratulations!
This week, we have four beautiful pairs of bead earrings, handmade by Anna Perrone Designs. The wires are either sterling silver or 24 K gold, and the beads are glass in assorted shapes and colors. You need these for that new summer outfit you just got.
Four lucky subscribers will win. Hope it's you!
UPDATE: And the lucky winners are: - Sundaykat Gomez - Sam McKenzie - Cara Buchalter - Kelly Welch
Give a little click to our lovely sponsors: